Guidelines for Prospective and Registered Electrical Energy Manager
Registered electrical energy manager of installation
(1) No person shall engage in, be employed or hold himself out as a registered electrical energy manager for the purposes of these
Regulations unless the person has been registered by the Commission.
(2) Any person who fails to comply with subregulation (1) commits an offence under these Regulations.
2.0 QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Malaysian citizen aged 23 years and above; and
- is a Professional Engineer and possesses at least six months working experience in the efficient management of electrical energy, or
- holds a degree in Science, Engineering, Architecture or its equivalent and possesses at least one year working experience in the efficient management of electrical energy; or
- holds a certificate of competency as an Electrical Services Engineer or as a Competent Electrical Engineer as in the Electricity Regulations 1994 and possesses at least nine months working experience in the efficient management of electrical energy; and
- Demonstrates knowledge of the requirements of the Act and these Regulations; and
- The Commission may require the person to attend an interview
3.0 SCOPE OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
3.1 The related acts and regulations in electricity supply
i) Efficient Management of Electrical Energy Regulations 2008
ii) Electricity Regulations 1994 and Electricity Supply Act 1990
• Safety requirements in working with electrical installations
3.2 Knowledge and experiences
i) Energy audit
• Methodology to perform energy audit
• Energy audit equipment and preparation of energy audit report
ii) Involvement in energy efficiency projects/programmes
• Duration of involvement (month/year)
• Type of involvement (management/ technical)
• Responsibilities and tasks performed
• List and description of projects/programmes involved
iii) Operation of electrical system/equipment at installation
• Type of electricity supply from the utility companies
• Common terminologies in electricity supply
• Major electrical energy- using equipment
iv) Energy saving measures
• Common energy saving measures for factories, buildings and equipment
• Common parameters to measure energy efficiency performance
• Energy efficiency classifications for electrical equipment
• Common energy efficiency technologies and applications
• Basic calculations to estimate energy saving potential from energy saving measures
4.0 HOW TO APPLY?
i) Please submit:
• Completed application form, FORM ST(DSM/PTE/2009) available at www.st.gov.my
• Report on energy efficiency project*
• Information and supporting documents as stated in the application form
• Processing fee
* Energy Efficiency Project Report
• At least one project report (the report must be submitted according to the format as provided in the application form)
• Only electrical energy related project (thermal energy related project can be submitted as additional)
Type of project
• Implemented project – from the conceptual ideas, implementation and to reporting on savings achieved; or
• Energy audit/feasibility study
|| Types of fees
|| Fees (RM)
|1.||Application for registration as an electrical energy manager||RM20.00 per application|
|2.||Issuance/renewal of certificate of registration||RM100.00 per year|
|3.||Application for replacement of certificate of registration||RM50.00 per copy|
|4.||Application for certified true copy of certificate of registration||RM10.00 per copy|
6.0 FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES OF ELECTRICAL ENERGY MANAGER
- To audit and analyse the total electrical energy consumption or generation
- To advise in developing and implementing measures to ensure efficient management of electrical energy at the installation
- To monitor effective implementation of the measures
- To supervise the keeping of records on efficient management of electrical energy at the installation and verify its accuracy; and
- To ensure the timely submission of information and reports under the regulations.
7.0 CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
- Energy Commission will notify the applicant whether his application to be registered as an electrical energy manager has been approved or refused;
- Energy Commission shall register the applicant as an electrical energy manager, and upon payment of the fee as prescribed in the First Schedule;
- Where the application is refused, Energy Commission may, upon the request of the applicant, provide reasons in writing to the applicant for such refusal; and
- The certificate of registration shall be in Form C of the Second Schedule, and Energy Commission may stipulate in the certificate any conditions or restrictions in respect of the registration.
8.0 MEDICAL EVIDENCE
- The Commission may require medical evidence of the physical and mental fitness of the applicant, certified by a registered medical practitioner, to be produced by the applicant before a certificate of registration as an electrical energy manager is issued to him.
9.0 VALIDITY PERIOD OF REGISTRATION AND RENEWAL
- The certificate of registration shall be valid for a period of not less than one year and not more than five years from the date of issue of the certificate;
- Where the person who is registered shall, at least one month before the date of expiry of his registration, renew his registration;
- The Commission shall renew the registration of an electrical energy manager if the Commission is satisfied that -
- he has complied with the conditions or restrictions as stipulated in the certificate of registration; and
- he has paid the fee as prescribed in the First Schedule.
- Please submit completed renewal form (FORM ST(DSM/R-PTE/2010) available at www.st.gov.my
10.0 CONTINUOUS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FOR REGISTERED ELECTRICAL ENERGY MANAGER
- One of the requirements for the renewal of registration as a Registered Electrical Energy Manager.
- A Registered Electrical Energy Manager are required to participate or involve for at least eight (8) hours in programmes related to efficient management of electrical energy.
- Topics or contents related to efficient management of electrical energy are listed in at www.st.gov.my.
- Other topics can be proposed and will be considered to evaluate its suitability and later to be decided by Energy Commission
10.1 Types of program
- Courses/training sessions.
- Technical committees /working groups.
- Presentation of papers on technologies, management and research findings.
10.2 Types Of Participation
- As a participant/presenter/member of committee or working group
10.3 Confirmation of Attendance
- In the form of certificate of attendance/written confirmation by the organizer
- A written confirmation by the program organizer on the involvement as a presenter and other preparatory works related to the presentation.
11.0 WHO AND WHERE TO CONTACT?
Demand Side Management Unit
Energy Management and Industrial Development Department
No. 12, Jalan Tun Hussein, Precinct 2
62100, Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Tel: (603) 8870 8500 Fax: (603) 8888 8648
Website address : www.st.gov.my