Procedures for Application of Competency Examination for Certified Chargeman
Applicants for the above examinations should be made online via the ECOS system at the Energy Commission’s website (www.st.gov.my)
Requirement for Competency Examination for Certified Chargeman
(Regulation 49, Electricity Regulations 1994 and its amendments)
- A Malaysian citizen.
- Age not less than 20 years.
- Minimum educational qualification - completed Form Five.
- Possess not less than 3 years working experience in an environment involving operation of electrical equipment and has experience in controlling live equipment.
- Able to speak and write in Bahasa Malaysia
- Understand usage of various types of equipment which may be under his charge and has sufficient knowledge to fix and operate without danger.
- Posses sufficient knowledge of first aid, resuscitation and treatment of electrical shock.
- Posses sufficient knowledge of the Electricity Supply Act 1990 and its regulations.
Examination Procedure for Certified Chargeman Competency
- Examination level
Note :Candidates are required to pass all the examination level as above in order to be Certified Chargeman Competency
2. Approval to repeat the examination
- Candidates who failed in the examination (practical and/or oral) will be allowed to repeat the examination within two (2) years.
- Example of examination repeats:
|2||L||L||G||Repeat oral only|
|3||L||G||TB||Repeat practical and oral|
L : Pass, G: Fail, TB : Not related
- Flow Chart for Certified Chargeman Competency Examination
- Category for Chargeman
- Fee for Competency Examination for Chargeman