Certificate of approval for the assembler, manufacturer or importer of gas fittings, gas appliances and gas equipment
Regulation 116(1), Gas Supply Regulations 1997, states no person shall assemble or manufacture, or import a gas fitting, gas appliance or gas equipment without getting the approval of the Energy Commission
Conditions of Approval for assembler, manufacturer or importer of gas fittings, gas appliance and gas equipment.
1. Complete and submit JG 6 form with the following documents:
a. A copy of company or business registration
b. A copy of tenancy agreement or ownership for business and office premises
c. Company background with information as below:
- Organisation structure and relevant staff responsibility
- Company experiences and technical support service related to gas industry.
- After sales service and warranty
2. An application for certificate of manufacturer priority given to person possess a Product Certification License from SIRIM QAS Sdn. Bhd or ISO certificate or recognised institutions.
3. Each application for Certification of Approval for assembler, manufacturer or importer of gas fittings, gas appliance or gas equipment will be processed and the Certification of approval will be granted within three weeks upon receiving a complete application.