Electricity Regulations 1994
ELECTRICITY SUPPLY ACT 1990 [ACT 447]
ELECTRICITY REGULATIONS 1994
Incorporating latest amendments - 431/ 2003
ARRANGEMENT OF REGULATIONS
1.Citation and commencement.
PART II: INSTALLATION
Registration of Installation
3. Application for registration of installation.
4. Fee for registration of installation.
5. Inspection and test of installation.
6. Fee for inspection and test for installation.
7. Cancellation of Certificate of Registration of installation.
Licence for Installation
8. Licence for a public installation.
9. Licence for a private installation
10. Fee for a public or private installation.
Supervision and Test of Installation
11. Approval for commencement of wiring
12. Supervision and completion of installation.
13. Test of installation.
14. Supervision and Completion Certificate and Test Certificate.
Material, Equipment and Method of Installation
15. Apparatus, conductor, accessory, etc.
16. Switch, switch fuse, fuse switch, circuit breaker, contractor, fuse, etc
17. Generator, motor, transformer, etc.
18. Means of isolation.
Installation of Switchboard
19. Arrangement of switchboard in general.
20. Working on a switchboard.
21. Switchboard operating at high or extra high voltage.
Underground Supply Line
22. Underground mains and connections.
23. Joint, connection or termination.
24. Portable apparatus in general.
25. Portable apparatus on a dredge or floating structure.
Installation of Electric Sign
26. Electric sign.
27. Fireman's switch, notice and transformer.
28. Steps to be taken by owner or management.
29. Installation not in use.
30. Power of Commission to make adjustment or alteration to installation.
31. Installation for electric smelting, X-ray, etc.
32. Installation in a place of public entertainment.
33. Installation on a dredge or floating structure.
Earthing of Installation
34. Earthing of metallic part, neutral point, etc.
35. Method of earthing.
36. Protection against earth leakage current.
General Requirements of Installation
37. Room for switchboard or equipment.
39. Instructions for treatment of electric shock.
40. Fire extinguishers.
Installation of Aerial Line
41. General conditions of aerial line.
42. Aerial line operating at low voltage.
43. Aerial line operating at high or extra high voltage.
PART III: OPERATION
Examination of Competent Person
44. [Deleted by P.U.(A) 431/2003]
45. Requirement for Certificate of Competency.
45A. Application for examination.
46. Eligibility to become Electrical Services Engineer.
47. Eligibility to become Competent Electrical Engineer.
48. Eligibility to become Electrical Supervisor.
49. Eligibility to become Chargeman.
50. Eligibility to become Wireman.
51. Eligibility to become Cable Jointer.
52. Temporary registration of foreign person.
53. Medical evidence of fitness.
54. Fee for examination, endorsement and replacement of Certificate of Competency.
55. Restriction or endorsement of Certificate of Competency.
56. Form of Certificate of Competency.
57. Surrender of Certificate of Competency issued under any other written law.
58. Lost or damaged Certificate of Competency.
59. Suspension and revocation of Certificate of Competency.
60. Competent person.
61. Competent person responsible for a public installation.
62. Competent person on each shift.
63. Registration of competent person.
64. Competent person to connect switchboard, equipment, etc.
65. Competent persons to submit plans, drawings and specifications.
Regular Inspection by Competent Person
66. Installation to be visited and inspected by competent person.
67. Competent person and frequency of visit and inspection.
68. Duty of Engineer or Supervisor to inspect and report.
69. Commission to determine number of visits.
70. Duty to inform and to make good defects.
Registration of Electrical Services Contractor
71. Electrical Services Contractor.
72. Requirements for registration as an Electrical Services Contractor.
73. Information required for registration as an Electrical Services Contractor.
74. Fee for Certificate of Registration as an Electrical Services Contractor.
Registration of Electrical Contractor
75. Electrical Contractor.
76. Requirements for registration as an Electrical Contractor.
77. Information required for registration as an Electrical Contractor.
78. Classification of Electrical Contractors.
79. Fee for registration as an Electrical Contractor.
Registration of Private Wiring Unit
80. Private Wiring Unit.
81. Requirements for registration as a Private Wiring Unit.
82. Information required for registration as a Private Wiring Unit.
83. Fee for registration as a Private Wiring Unit.
Registration of Electric Sign Contractor
84. Electric Sign Contractor.
85. Requirements for registration as an Electric Sign Contractor.
86. Information required for registration as an Electric Sign Contractor.
87. Fee for Certificate of Registration as an Electric Sign Contractor.
Registration of Electrical Repair Contractor
88. Electrical Repair Contractor.
89. Requirements for registration as an Electrical.
90. Information required for registration as an Electrical Repair Contractor.
91. Fee for Certificate of Registration as an Electrical Repair Contractor.
Registration of Switchboard Manufacturer
92. Switchboard Manufacturer.
93. Requirements for registration as a Switchboard Manufacturer operating at low voltage.
94. Requirements for registration as a Switchboard Manufacturer operating at low voltage and higher than low voltage.
95. Information required for registration as a Switchboard Manufacturer.
96. Fee for Certificate of Registration as a Switchboard Manufacturer.
Approval of Equipment
97. Certificate of Approval of equipment.
98. Marking or labelling of approved equipment.
99. Samples of equipment to be delivered to Commission.
100. Test and modification before approval.
101. Submission for test and seizure of dangerous equipment.
Renewal, Transfer, Cancellation, Removal and Reinstatement
102. Renewal of Certificate of Registration.
103. Transfer of Certificate of Registration.
104. Cancellation of Certificate of Registration.
105. Removal from and reinstatement to the Register of Certificate of Registration.
106. Renewal of Certificate of Approval.
107. Transfer of Certificate of Approval.
108. Cancellation of Certificate of Approval.
109. Removal from and reinstatement to the Register of Certificate of Approval
PART IV: MAINTENANCE
Maintenance of Installations
110. Inspection and test for the purpose of maintenance of installation, etc.
111. Competent person to undertake maintenance work.
112. Adequate safety precautions to be taken during work.
113. Competent person to issue written instruction.
PART V: MISCELLANEOUS
114. Authorised officer's identity card.
115. Special order by Commission.
116. Prohibition of use of equipment dangerous to health.
117. Summons to assessor and witness.
118. Fees payable to the Commission.
119. Licensee or supply authority to keep records.
120. Fee for a copy of a report.
121. Transitional and saving provisions.
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM A
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM B
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM C
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM D
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM E
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM F
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM G
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM H
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM I
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM J
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM K
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM L
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM M
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM N
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM O
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM P
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM Q
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM R
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM S
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM T
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM U
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM V
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM W
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM X
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM Y
FIRST SCHEDULE - FORM Z
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART I
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART 1A
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART II
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART III
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART IIIA
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART IIIB
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART IV
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART V
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART VI
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART VII
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART VIII
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART IX
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART X
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART XI
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART XII
SECOND SCHEDULE - PART XIII