B. Technical documents required are:
- Latest test report from testing laboratories recognised by the Commission.
- The test report validity period shall not exceed 5 years from the date of testing and the validity of test report shall not less than one year from the expiry date of COA.
- In the case of renewal application for COA to import, the proof of purchase of SIRIM’s label for the period of importing and consignment invoice or copy of consignment test report issued by SIRIM are required.
- In the case of renewal application for COA to manufacture, the proof of purchase of SIRIM’s label or copy of valid Product Certification license issued by SIRIM are required.
C. Annual Fee for Renewal of COA
An annual fee of RM100.00 for single phase and RM200.00 for three phase shall be paid upon approval of the COA.
D. Requirement for Manufacturing
The manufacturer of Electrical equipment that has been approved to manufacture, shall also renew their SIRIM’s Product Certification Scheme (PCS). The electrical equipment shall be affixed with label issued by SIRIM or embossed with SIRIM Certification Mark.
E. Requirement for Importing
Electrical equipment that has been approved for importing into Malaysia shall comply with the consignment test by SIRIM’s for every batch within the validity period of the COA. The electrical equipment shall be affixed with label issued by SIRIM.
Electrical equipment which failed the Consignment Test need to be sent to the country of origin or shall be destroyed.
Electrical equipment shall be constructed corresponding to power supply cord and power plug which comply with Malaysia’s requirements and standards.
The requirements and standards of Power Supply Cord and Power Plug were stated below:-
Appliances shall be fitted with a suitable and appropriate power supply cord and power plug. Both are regulated equipment and must be approved by the regulatory body before it can be used on appliances.
1. The Power Supply Cord shall be certified to :-
- MS 140 or MS2112-5 or BS 6500 or IEC 60227-1 & IEC 60227-5 (PVC insulated - flexible cables/cords);or
- MS 140 or BS 6500 or IEC 60245-1 & IEC 60245-4 (Rubber insulated - flexible cables/cords)
2. The Power Plug to be used in Malaysia shall be as follows:
- 13A, fused plug complying to MS 589: Part 1 or BS 1363: Part 1;
- 15A, plugs complying to MS 1577; 2.5A, 250V, flat non-rewireable two-pole plugs with cord for the connection of class II equipment complying to MS 1578 or BS EN 50075.