Peraturan-peraturan Bekalan Gas 1997:P.U.(A) 287
GAS SUPPLY ACT 1993
GAS SUPPLY REGULATIONS 1997
IN exercise of the powers conferred by section 39 of the Gas Supply Act 1993, the Deputy Prime Minister, having been directed under section 51 of the Interpretation
Acts 1948 and 1967 to exercise the powers of the Prime Minister, makes the following regulations:
1. Citation and commencement.
3. Scope of application.
4. Categories of licence.
5. Application for gas utility licence.
6. Fee for gas utility licence.
7. Application for private gas licence.
8. Person eligible to apply for private gas licence.
9. Fee for private gas licence.
10. Renewal of licence.
11. Suspension or revocation of licence.
12. Duty of Gas Utility to keep and maintain record.
13. Classification of gas installation.
14. Installation to be carried out in accordance with Regulations.
15. Approval to install.
16. Approval to operate.
17. Certificate of Completion.
18. Test Certificate.
19. Notification of an existing gas installation.
20. Director General may order work to be suspended or stopped.
21. Supervision of work on gas installation by competent person.
22. Director General or Gas Utility Licensee to determine point of termination.
Inspection and Test
23. Director General may inspect and test gas installation.
24. Fee for inspection and test of gas installation.
Information, Excavation and Safety of Gas Installation
25. Location of gas installation.
26. Area around indicated location
27. Installation in vicinity of underground structure.
28. Notice to licensee.
29. Request for information from licensee or agent on location of gas installation.
30. Information from licensee or agent on location of gas installation.
31. Not to commence work until information is received.
32. Duty to notify licensee on intention to excavate.
33. Supervision on excavation work.
34. Hand digging to confirm location.
35. Probing with pointed tools prohibited.
36. Gas installation not within the zone prescribed.
37. Non-metallic gas installation without tracer wire.
38. Excavator shall maintain markings.
39. Prohibition on excavation work which is damaging to gas installation.
41. Verification of information.
42. Emergency excavations.
43. Power of authorized officer to stop excavation.
44. Notification of damage.
45. Steps to be taken when gas leaks.
46. Exposure of installation.
47. Exposure of fittings.
48. Cathodic protection devices.
49. Damage to protective wrapping.
51. Gas pipeline to be above ground level when entering building.
52. No work on gas installation until gas is turned off.
53. Turning on and turning off supply.
54. Rented premises.
56. Installation of gas pipeline, etc.
57. Protection against damage to gas pipeline, etc.
58. Alteration or work on premises not to affect existing pipeline.
59. Not to sue gas pipeline for earth connection, etc.
60. Installation of new gas installation.
61. Work on existing gas installation.
62. Marking of gas pipeline for identification.
63. Duties of responsible person or his representative where there is an escape of gas.
64. Shutting off gas supply for safety reasons.
Connection for the Supply of Gas to Consumer
65. Requirements to be complied with before connection.
67. Refund of security.
68. Recovery of charges.
69. Gas supply and re connection fees.
70. Restoration of gas supply.
71. Notice to vacate premises and payment of accrued charges.
72. Power of authorized officer to disconnect the supply of gas and refusal to connect.
73. Power of Gas Utility License to disconnect.
Inspection and Test of Gas Installation
74. Entry into premises to inspect, etc., gas installation, etc.
75. Entry to disconnect, etc., supply of gas, etc.
76. Entry for replacing, etc., gas pipeline or gas installation.
77. Powers of entry.
78. Fixing of meter, changing of meter position and loss of or damage to meter.
79. Reading of meter.
80. Test of meter.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY AND REGISTRATION
Certificate of Competency
81. Competent person to carry out work on gas pipeline, etc.
82. Competent person shall possess a valid Certificate of Competency.
83. Certificate of Competency and scope of work of competent person.
84. Medical evidence of fitness.
85. Power of Director General to modify, suspend or cancel a Certificate of Competency.
86. Modification, suspension or cancellation of Certificate of Competency.
87. Person not to work, etc., when Certificate of Competency is suspended or cancelled.
88. Loss of damage of Certificate of Competency.
Registration of Competent Person
89. Registration of competent person.
Examination of Competent Person
90. Panel of Examiners.
91. Appointment of members of the Panel.
93. Conduct of examination.
94. Fee for examination for Certificate of Competency.
95. Application to sit for examination.
96. Failure in examination.
Certificate of Competency as a Gas Engineer And Gas Engineering Supervisor
97. Eligibility to become a Gas Engineer.
98. Eligibility to become a Gas Engineering Supervisor.
Certificate of Competency as a Gas Fitter
99. Eligibility to become a Gas Fitter.
100. Issuance, restriction or endorsement of Certificate of Competency by Panel.
101. Temporary registration of foreign person.
102. Endorsement of equivalent Certificate of Competency by Panel.
Registration of Gas Contractor
103. Gas Contractor.
104. Classification of Gas Contractor and scope of work.
105. Class A Gas Contractor.
106. Class B Gas Contractor.
107. Class C Gas Contractor.
108. Class D Gas Contractor.
109. Requirements for registration as a Gas Contractor.
110. Information required for registration as a Gas Contractor.
111. Fees for Certificate of Registration as a Gas Contractor.
112. Renewal of Certificate of Registration.
113. Transfer of Certificate of Registration.
114. Cancellation of Certificate of Registration.
115. Removal and reinstatement of Gas Contractor.
Gas Fittings, Gas Appliances and Gas Equipment
116. Certificate of Approval for assembler, manufacturer or importer of gas fittings, gas appliances and gas equipment.
117. Test and certification of gas fittings, gas appliances or gas equipment before assembly, etc.
118. Fee for Certificate of Approval.
119. Marking or labeling of approved gas fitting, gas appliance or gas equipment.
120. Samples of gas fittings, gas appliances or gas equipment to be delivered to Director General.
121. Examination and test of sample.
122. Test seizure and removal of dangerous gas, fitting, gas appliance or gas equipment.
123. Gas appliance safety precautions.
124. Access to gas appliances.
125. Testing of gas appliances.
126. Unsafe gas appliances.
127. Irreparable gas appliance.
128. Maintenance of gas installation.
129. Power of Director General to inspect.
130. Competent person to undertake maintenance work.
131. Record of maintenance.
132. Authorised or qualified person to do certain work.
133. Testing after disconnection.
134. Competent person to notify of need to repair.
135. Competent person may make emergency repair.
136. Replacement of meter.
137. Safety and precaution during maintenance work.
138. Form of identification card.
139. Fees to be paid in advance.
140. Serious accidents to be reported and investigated.
141. Director General to keep records.