Gas Fittings/Gas Appliances/Equipment
Certificate of Approval for Gas Fittings, Gas Appliances and Equipment
Regulation 117(1) Gas Supply Regulations 1997, states no gas fitting, gas appliance or equipment shall be assembled, manufactured, imported, sold or used unless it has been tested and certified and approved by the Government or its agent or a person accredited by the Government.
Conditions of Approval for Gas Fittings, Gas Appliances and Equipment
- Applicants need to register and login to the Online Application System (OAS) at https://oas.st.gov.my/before proceeding with the application.
- Applicants need to fill in the JG7 form and submit the completed form together by uploading the documents in the designated section. The supporting documents are as follows:
(a) A copy of all relevant appointment, authorisation, confirmation etc. letter issued by the party manufacturing the gas fitting, gas appliance or equipment.
(b) Operating manual, schematic drawings or photos and technical specifications of the gas fitting, gas appliance or equipment.
(c) A copy of valid test report produced by:
SIRIM Berhad; or
• Laboratories which are members of the International Laboratory Accreditation Corporation (ILAC); or
• A testing body recognised by the Commission; or
• A third-party testing body accredited by the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH).
- Each application for Certification of Approval for gas fitting, gas appliance or equipment will be processed and the certificate of approval will be granted within 5 days upon receiving a complete application.