Certificate of Approval for Assemblers, Manufacturers or Importers of Gas Fittings, Gas Appliances and Equipment
Regulation 116(1), Gas Supply Regulations 1997, states no person shall assemble or manufacture, or import a gas fitting, gas appliance or equipment without getting the approval of the Energy Commission.
Conditions of Approval for Assemblers, Manufacturers or Importers of Gas Fittings, Gas Appliances and Equipment
- Applicants need to register and login to the Online Application System (OAS) at https://oas.st.gov.my/ before proceeding with the application.
- Applicants need to fill in the JG6 form and submit the completed form together with the required supporting documents by uploading the documents in the designated section. The supporting documents required are as follows:
(a) A copy of company or business registration
(b) The company’s profile which includes:
- a description of the nature of business of the company, products or services offered
- organisation chart which includes particulars of employees with relevant technical expertise
- the type of products manufactured, assembled or imported, as the case may be, and a list of the customers to which these products are supplied or sold to
- registration with other related agencies (if any)
Each application for Certification of Approval for assembler, manufacturer or importer of gas fittings, gas appliances or gas equipment will be processed and the Certification of Approval will be granted within 5 days upon receiving a complete application.