The Guideline on Topics Related to Efficient Management of Electrical Energy
- Global energy trends.
- Malaysia energy supply, consumption and forecasts.
- Electricity industry structure in Malaysia.
ENERGY POLICIES AND LEGISLATIONS
- Existing energy and energy efficiency related policies, laws and regulations.
- Regulatory structure of the electricity supply industry.
UNDERSTANDING OF ENERGY PRICING
- Structure of energy pricing related to electricity supply.
- Understanding of electricity tariff and analysis of electricity bills.
EFFICIENCT ENERGY MANAGEMENT
- Key components in energy management system
- Development and implementation of energy management system in an organization.
- Plan Do Check Action (PDCA) cycle in energy management.
- Roles and duties of energy managers.
- Evaluation and management of energy efficiency projects.
- Training and development in energy efficiency and energy management.
- Financial analysis for energy efficiency projects.
- Financing sources/options.
- Fiscal incentives for energy efficiency projects and products.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY STANDARDS AND LABELING
- The importance of energy efficiency standards and labeling.
- Energy performance standards and testing facilities to be referred and used.
- Classifications of energy efficient equipment.
EFFECTIVE ENERGY EFFICIENCY/CONSERVATION PROJECT PROPOSAL AND PRESENTATION
- Effective energy management reporting.
- Effective presentations to gain management supports/commitment.
- Needs and types of energy audit.
- Methods and approaches in energy auditing.
- Energy audit equipment.
- Criteria of an effective energy audit.
- Roles and duties of energy auditors.
- Identification of energy saving measures.
- Energy audit reporting format and contents.
MEASURING AND MONITORING EQUIPMENT
- Basic equipment for measurements and monitoring.
- Energy management monitoring and control system (BMS, BAS and etc)
ENERGY PERFORMANCE MONITORING AND TARGETING
- Elements of monitoring & targeting.
- Measurements energy efficiency project performance.
- Verifications of results from energy saving measures implemented.
- Data and information for energy intensity or energy consumption benchmarking/baseline such as Building Energy Index (BEI), Specific Energy Consumption (SEC) and etc.
FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Electricity basics- DC & AC currents.
- Electricity generation, transmission and distribution structures and classifications.
- Electricity units and conversion.
- Electrical loads and maximum demand.
- Power factor and capacitors.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY POTENTIALS
- Electric motors.
- Demand controls
- Compressed Air Systems.
- HVAC and Refrigeration Systems.
- Cooling Towers.
- Fans and blowers.
- Pumps and Pumping Systems.
- Lighting Systems.
- Office equipment.
- Controls and variable speed drives.
- New energy efficient solutions and technologies.
- Case studies/examples on energy efficient technologies applications/projects.
Click here to download PDF format.