Gas Supply (Compounding of Offences) Regulations 2006: P.U. (A) 321
GAS SUPPLY ACT 1993
P.U. (A) 321.
GAS SUPPLY (COMPOUNDING OF OFFENCES) REGULATIONS 2006
IN exercise of the powers conferred by paragraph 39(l) of the Gas Supply Act 1993 [Act 501], the Minister makes the following regulations:
Citation and commencement
- These regulations may be cited as the Gas Supply (Compounding of Offences) Regulations 2006.
- These Regulations come into operation on 1 September 2006.
Compounding of offences
- An offer to compound shall be made by the Chairman of the Energy Commission in Form 1 of the Schedule.
- A person who accepts an offer to compound shall furnish payment for the compound by using Form 2 of the Schedule.
Payment of compound
- If an offer to compound an offence is made and accepted by the person to whom the offer is made, he shall make payment by money order, postal order, cashier’s order, banker’s cheque or bank draft to the Chairman of the Energy Commission and crossed with the words “Account Payee Only”.
- The payment shall be delivered personally or send by registered post to the address specified in the notice of offer to compound.
- A receipt shall be issued for every payment received under subregulation (1) to the person to whom the offer to compound is made.
Offer to compound before institution of prosecution
- An offer to compound under these Regulations may be made at any time after the offence has been committed, but before any prosecution in respect of the offence has been instituted.
- Where the amount of money stated in the notice of offer to compound is not paid within the time specified in that notice, or any extension of time as may be granted, prosecution for the offence may be instituted at any time thereafter against the person to whom the offer was made without any further notice.
Service of notice of offer to compound by post
||Where a notice of offer to compound is served by prepaid AR Registered post, the notice shall be deemed to have been delivered at the time when it is delivered in the ordinary course of posting.
SCHEDULE - GAS SUPPLY (COMPOUNDING OF OFFENCES) REGULATIONS 2006